Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics,ACPM dental college was formed in the year 2003 with the aim of training young graduates & postgraduates in the field while upholding professionalism, human values & ethical practices. It embraces the practice of operative dentistry and endodontics that includes various direct and indirect restorations of individual teeth .The Department also specializes in the treatment of pulpal and periapical diseases through non-surgical and surgical intervention as well as pulp regeneration techniques. The students are also provided training in aesthetic dentistry & smile designing.
The Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics take pride in offering value added and capability enhancement programs for interns that equip them with added skills necessary in general practice. The undergraduate & post graduates students are also exposed to interdisciplinary procedures to develop a broad understanding and gain hands on experience on the various range of treatment provided in the Department.
Goals and Objectives
The primary goal of this Department is prevention, diagnosis and treatment of sequelae of dental caries and the other defects of natural teeth; techniques and procedures to restore the teeth to full function and appearance in an aesthetically pleasing manner with as little loss of the healthy tooth structure as possible with periodic check up as routine practice.
- Practice respective speciality efficiently and effectively, backed by scientific knowledge and skill.
- Continue to evince keen interest in continuing professional education in the speciality and allied specialities irrespective of whatever in teaching or practice
- Performing root canal treatment and associated surgical procedures to rid the tooth of its offending malady. The treatment provided includes various fillings, root canal treatment surgical endodontics, endodontic implants, bleaching, & management of traumatized teeth.
- Performing specialized, high-end demanding aesthetic procedures.
- To train undergraduate students to a level competent in the restoration, rehabilitation and maintenance of the dentition.
- To encourage undergraduate students to undertake independent research and to develop an attitude to practice innovative treatment protocols.
- The Department has daily OPD of 70-80 patients offering all types of treatment to patients with full satisfaction and at concessional rates.
- 60 Phantom heads for Undergraduate & Post Graduate training.
- 34 fully equipped electronic dental chairs for students.
- Seminar room with state of the art LCD screen for presentation of seminars, Journal clubs ,case presentations etc.
- The Department has all advanced gadgets like digital radiography, dental operating microscope, endosonics, endomotors, LED curing units, latest obturating systems etc.
- Well equipped Metal & ceramic casting laboratory.
- Labomed Prima Stand Microscope with Nikon Camera
- Magnifying loupes and Hard Tissue Laser
- Root Canal Treatment and Re-Root Canal Treatment.
- Core Build up
- Amalgam Restoration
- Glass ionomer restoration
- Composite restoration
- Cast post & core.
- Prefabricated fiber post
- Esthetic Restoration.
- Diastema Closure
- Direct Composite Veneer
- Inlay/Onlay Metallic
- Ceramic Crown
- Full Metal Crown
- Indirect and Direct Pulp Capping.
- MTA application/ Bio dentine
- Rubber base impression
- Alginate impression
- Endo microscopic surgery
- Porcelain Fused to Metal crown
- Indirect Composite Onlay/Inlay
- Power Bleaching
- Office Bleach (for non-vital tooth)
- Home bleach
Name of Faculty
Dr Nanda Zinnie J.
Professor & HOD
Dr. Tarun Ahuja
Dr.Srinidhi Surya R.
Dr. Krantikumar Reddy
Dr. Rahul B. Deore
Dr. Pavankumar Bajaj
Dr. Ahir Bhaveshkumar J.
Dr. Alisha Wani
Dr.Agrawal Pritesh K
Dr. Anshuman B. Patil
Dr. Nikita S. Oswal
Dr. Shaikh Irfan I.
Dr. Jain Mahendra R.
Dr. Bhamare Shyam A.
Dr. Khoriya Sarvesh S.
Dr. Tekwani Rohit A.
Dr. More Parth R.
Dr. Amin Aditi B.
Dr. Patil Nileshrao B.
Dr. Mundada Ankita A.
Dr. Kale Apurva R.
Dr, Milind R. Pandurnikar
Dr. Saurabh Vikas Jain.
Dr. Salunke Swetambari Ashok
Dr. Nandurkar Ishdaya Pradip