Public Health Dentistry
Department of Public Health Dentistry
The Department of Public Health Dentistry is dedicated to train interns and undergraduate students in the field of Dental Public Health, investigating the risk factors for oral disease, their relation to systemic disease and on the use of oral epidemiological methods to study health outcomes of dental services and oral health policy. Students attend dental camps and perform initial screening examinations. They are sensitized to specific needs of a variety of patient populations.The department has an extensive outreach program where dental care is delivered to surrounding areas of Dhule, Sakri and other districts. The Department maintains two outreach centers to serve the population of Dhule District.
The Department now further,is a centre for training to Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) offered under the MUHS Nashik University of Health Sciences, under the guidance of Prof.Dr. Arun Suresh Dodamani, PhD Guide.
Goals and objectives
- To prevent oral diseases, promote oral health and facilitate individuals to adopt, achieve, embrace a healthy lifestyle and guide students to the same end
- The department has a well-equipped mobile dental bus with two fully functional dental chairs with all attachments, generator and A.C. with seating capacity for 20 doctors.
- The Department regulates two Satellite Clinic at Dhule (jail) and Kusumba with well-equipped dental chairs.
- Tobacco Cessation Centre (TCC), a unit of the department is fully functional according to DCI guidelines. The main aim of this centre is to identify, educate and help quit the tobacco habit in more scientific manner.
- Department organizes regular dental check-up camps at rural sectors, schools and slum areas.
- Department co-ordinates with various NSS activities.
- Department supports the research activities by providing various in-house services to UG, PG students and faculty members such as statistical consultancy and publication assistance.
- Undergraduate research program, a pioneer program initiated by the Dept of Public health dentistry in improving the research skills in students and guiding them in publications.
- Extensive outreach program covering more than 20,000 patients annually.
- Urban dental health centre for clinical training.
- Widely regarded as the best place for a post-graduation in Public Health Dentistry.
- Comprehensive dental care
- Preventive procedures such as topical fluoride and sealant applications
- Tobacco cessation counselling
- Oral cancer screening
- Restorative and endodontic procedures
- Dental Extractions
- Oral prophylaxis
Name of Faculty
Dr. Arun Suresh Dodamani
Professor & HOD
Dr. Prashant Vishwakarma
Dr. Abhijeet Hoshing
Dr. Megha Trehan
Dr. Harish Jadhav
Dr. Gaurav Mali
Dr. Rahul Naik
Dr. Mayuri Nepale
Dr. Deokar Rahul
Dr. Shradha Kharkar
Dr. Alure Shriprasad