Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
The Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics focusses on craniofacial growth and the development of the dentition and occlusion, while concentrating on prevention and correction of occlusal anomalies. A solid understanding of orthodontics is an essential prerequisite to plan treatment in children and treat complex malocclusion in adults.
The undergraduate training begins from third year of the BDS program and contains didactic, practical and clinical components. Students learn the art of basic wire bending, examining and diagnosing dental and craniofacial anomalies. The postgraduate program covers all aspects of the discipline and emphasizes clinical care and patient satisfaction through advanced diagnosis and treatment techniques with good academic background and extensive clinical training under experienced faculty.
Use Of Latest And State-of-artequipments And appliances in the Department ensures that the treatment is provided tothe highest standards following stringent aseptic protocols. An Average of1000 – 1500 patients are seen every month.
- The main goal and objective of the department is to treat various orofacial diseases and managing dental and orofacial pain and other esthetic surgeries with well equipped and other recent advancement and technologies
- In the Department, we give priority to evidence based research and our research work is published in various national and internationally renowned journals like Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society, International Orthodontics, Orthodontic Waves, Journal of Orthodontics.
- Dolphin Imaging software
- The PG clinic is well equipped with advanced instruments and latest technology devices used in regular clinical practice.
- A separate PG preclinical and seminar room is designed and well equipped in a way to conduct exams CDE programmes and Hands on workshops.
- An independent well equipped PG lab to do the various laboratory procedures from model trimming to appliance fabrication.
- Exclusive photography room
- Separate clinical and lab areas for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Separate sterilization room
- Use of audio visual aids on orthodontic treatment for patient education
- Invisible Orthodontics
- Lingual Orthodontics
- Orthodontic mini implants
- Orthognathic surgeries
- Interdisciplinary Orthodontics
- Self ligating system
- Management of Cleft lip and palate patients
Name of Faculty
Dr. Veerendra V. Kerudi
Professor & HOD
Dr. Amit Maheshwari
Dr. Mrunal Aley
Dr. Bhushan Thoke
Dr. Zope Amit
Dr. Rakesh Pawar
Dr. Shaikh Mubasshir
Dr. Patil Bhushan
Dr. Bhushan Chavan
Dr. Ruchika Singh
Dr. Divya Puranik
Dr. Walele Afraz
Dr. Priyanka Satpute
Dr. Nerpagar Patil Prashant R.
Dr Kothawade Mansi
Dr. Wankhede Jayant
Dr. Suryawanshi Shruti Ashok